Welcome to the Sundridge South River Airpark
The Sundridge South River Airport was built in 1933 and this airfield has a colourful past which includes Amelia Earhart and Norwegian WW11 pilot trainees. It truly is a gem in the world of grass roots (pun intended) GA. airfields. Located 5 minutes off highway 11 just north of Muskoka beside the towns of Sundridge and South River, and only an approximate short one hour flight from Toronto.
Sundridge South River Airport features a variety of competitive, low cost opportunities for your aviation needs:
- Business investment possibilities for both aviation and non-aviation related industries
- Hangar space for a broad range of aircraft storage for lease
- General Aviation Friendly
- FREE – no landing, take-off, or short-term tie-down fees for recreational and general aviation (landing fees are charged for commercial turbine aircraft only)
- Only 1 hour (flying distance) from Toronto
- Amenities such as flight planning, aircraft maintenance, refueling and other services are offered on-site for your convenience.
- Natural landing field boasts two very hard packed dry sandy soil turf runways
Our mission is to make this airport a welcome haven for GA pilots and their airplanes and to increase the participation of GA pilots in the area. We want to make your visit a fun and easy experience and to make you feel like you are at home.